One of the best cheesecake ever, Nutella Cheesecake with a really dark chocolaty crust with oreo cookies, a white cream cheese layer, a Nutella layer followed and in the end the intense Nutella topping which makes it totally irresistible. Give it a try my friends.
Makes about 12-16 servings
250 g (about 2 packages of 16 oreos each) oreo cookies, cream removed
6 tbsp (80 g) unsalted butter, melted
Cream Cheese Filling
35 oz (1 kg) cream cheese, room temperature
3/4 cup (175g) heavy cream + 2 tbsp, cold
2/3 cup (150g) Nutella
1 cup (200g) sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 eggs, room temperature
2/3 cup (150g) Nutella
1/3 cup (80g) heavy cream
1. Prepare the crust. Preheat oven to 350 F (180C). Remove the cream between oreo cookies and crush them using a food processor. Melt butter and pour over the crushed cookies. Process until evenly moistened. Press cookie mixture with the back of the spoon into the bottom of a 10-inch (26 cm) springform pan (with a removable base). Bake for 13-15 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
2. Reduce oven temperature to 300 F (150C).
3. Prepare the cream cheese filling. In a bowl combine the sugar with cornstarch.
4. In a large bowl beat the cream cheese with 3/4 cup heavy cream until well combined and the mixture seems fluffy as the heavy cream has whipped a bit. (This is very important, because this is what makes possible creating the 2 layers effect.) Gradually add the sugar mixture and mix until creamy and smooth. Add vanilla extract and mix again until well combined. Add eggs one at a time until each egg is incorporated.
5. Reserve about 1/3 of cream cheese mixture in a separate bowl. Add Nutella and 2 tbsp of heavy cream over the reserved 1/3 of cream cheese mixture and mix well until incorporated.
6. Pour the white cream cheese mixture over the prepared crust. Carefully add Nutella mixture on top and use a rubber spatula to spread evenly.
7. Bake for 45-55 minutes on 300F (150C). Turn off the heat and leave it another hour in the oven.
8. Remove and run a sharp knife completely around the inside edge of the pan. Let it cool completely at room temperature.
9. Prepare the Nutella topping. Bring cream to a boil and pour over the Nutella. Mix well and spread evenly over the cheesecake.
10. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Decorate with some chopped hazelnuts before serving if desired.
For the full recipe check my blog: