Learn how to make Chocolate Mousse Cake, a yummylicious desert cake recipe with Priyanka.
The Chocolate Mousse Cake is a dessert we all crave for. After all its a combination of two of our favorite things Chocolate & Cake! So grab your apron and start preparing the mouth watering recipe of all time and treat yourself and your loved ones with the delicious homemade Chocolate Mousse Cake,
Ingredients: (Serves 10)
1 sponge cake – ½ kg
Dark chocolate chunks – 3 cups
Heavy cream – 2 ¾ th cups
– Take a 10 inch loose bottom cake tin and bake the chocolate cake ( you can refer to m chocolate cake recipe link above)
– Prepare the mousse once the cake is cooled down
– Melt dark chocolate on a double boiler (do not allow the base of the bowl to touch the water). Stir continuously, taking care not to let the chocolate get too hot.
– Whip cream with electric mixer in another bowl until soft peaks form. Gently fold the melted chocolate in to the cream until smooth
– Scrape this mousse in the prepared cake tin with the sponge and level the top
– Let it set in the fridge for at least 4 hours
– Once set, carefully remove the cake, slice it and serve with
chocolate sauce or chocolate shavings