Learn how to make Vanilla Cupcakes, an easy and quick dessert recipe for your kid only on Rajshri Food!
Does your kid loves both Chocolate and Vanilla Cakes ? Then surprise him with a combination of both the flavours. With Anushruti learn how to make eggless Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream Icing. It’s quick and easy to mak, so watch the video and make delicious Vanilla Cupcakes at home.
Ingredients: ( Makes 24 cupcakes or 48 or more mini cupcakes based on the size of the cupcake liners.)
For the Cake
340 gm (2 1/2 cups) plain flour
130 gm (1/2 cup + 4 tbsp) cornstarch or cornflour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
500 ml (2 cups) milk + 2 tbsp vinegar
440 gm (2 cup) granulated sugar*
250 ml (1 cup) vegetable oil (preferably rice bran)
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp water
– Line a 12 numbered cupcake or muffin pan with cupcake liners.
– In a bowl assemble all the dry ingredients the plain flour, corn starch, baking powder and soda together and sieve together once.
– Pre heat the oven to 175 C/350 F.
– In another bowl put in the milk and vinegar and allow it to sit for about five minutes. Put in the granulated sugar and oil and blend with a blender until the sugar dissolves. Stir in the vanilla extract.
– Now put in the sieved dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients, add the additonal 2 tbsp water and blend with a blender until well mixed about 3 to 4 minutes.
– With the help of an ice cream scoop or a spoon drop the batter into the cupcake liners and bake for about 20 minutes for regular cupcakes and 10 minutes for mini cupcakes.
For the Chocolate Buttercream Icing
200 gm (1 cup) butter (I used salted butter)
455 gm (3 to 3 1/2 cups) icing, powdered or confectioners sugar
100 gm (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
2 tsp vanilla extract or 1 tsp vanilla extract + 1 tsp almond extract or 1 tsp vanilla extract + 1 tsp orange extract
2 tbsp cream
2 tbsp milk
4 tbsp milk
– In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or in a food processor or in a large bowl using a hand beater or a wire whisk, cream the butter and stir in the confectioners/powdered sugar and cocoa, mix on low speed and cream again until soft and creamy.
– Stir in the vanilla extract or other flavouring of choice and beat again for a couple of minutes.
– This is a flexible recipe and if your icing is stiff add a little more milk, a tablespoon at a time and if your icing is thin, stir in more powdered sugar.
– Spread the icing over the cakes with a spoon or with an icing bag (cut a tiny hole in it). Or put the icing in a bag and fitted with a star or other nozzle of your choice, pipe designs.
– Decorate with sprinkles or other cake decorations of your choice.